Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Chrysler 300M has a tendancy to run too warm. The thermostat has been replaced (twice) and the radiator has been replaced. I've been ensured that the head gaskets are just fine.

Anyone else have this experience and if so, how was it corrected?

·
Registered
15 Posts
same here

Seems everyone wants to throw in Tstats without checking for the real problem. Like mentioned above. Make sure the cooling fans are coming on when they are supposed to. Also make sure the shop didn't add too much water when refilling your coolant system. I know anti freeze only raises the boiling point and NOT make any vehicle run cooler. Keep in mind water boils at 212, and most fans do not run until 232. So the cooloant boils over B4 the fans are designed to even turn on. BUT you didn't mention if it was boiling over or not. Chryslers are also a real Pain in the keester to bleed all the air out of the coolant system as well. Some shops don't even know how to bleed the air out. Hope this helps ! Lets hope they are correct in that your head gaskets are OK. The cars not worth fixing in most cases if they are.

·
More bucks, go faster!
1,074 Posts
You don't say miliage. If this is a high miler you may want to run pressure tests on your CAT ( Cats). A Plugged catalytic converted or muffler will give you a overheating problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I do appreciate it.

Should have mentioned, it's a 2004 with about 78,000 miles and has been very well cared for....meticulously.

If I was to make a bet, I would put my money on the fans. It is so darn inconsistent and tends to run cooler when the A/C is turned on.

I am going to check with the shop and see if there is a way to 'override' the fan(s)...thus, have them run continuously. If it stays cool, that would answer that question.

Any idea if this is possible?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.