Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,first of all I think this is great! I have many questions for ya all but let me get my motor priorities stright. um, I have a ford small block that I think is a auisse ford 302 cleveland. Must be a windsor! I checked the numbers from the block(the ones on the cast in front of the starter mount)they read D4DE-6015-xxxx. I found that it must have came originaly out of a 1974 falcon. I read about the falcon XB,GT and so forth. I checked around a bit and read something about the stroke being short compared to other 302's of the same year? Anyway I'm going to need some correct info and specs if I'm going to do any to work to it, say like replacing crank bearings or the crank itself. Rod lenghth and all that good stuff.Help please, this is my favorite project!

·
Glad the Jeep is on the road
809 Posts
D4DE doesn't sound like a Cleveland or a Windsor to me, couldn't find my cheat sheet but I'm guessing this is a standard early 302 block, maybe out of a Maverick or Mustang II.

I think they were building Clevelands in 74 but that was towards the end of that run, doubt they did a new block casting that year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
302 cleavland? winsor

The best way to tell whether you have a cleaveland or winsor engine is in my oponion is to remove one of the valve covers and take a look at the alignment of the valves if they are all in a row -you have a winsor engine if the intakes and exaust valves are staggard you have a cleaveland style engine.---also in this forum there is a board for the"C" 335 type engine which has lots of good info .

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
If it is in fact an AUSTRALIAN 302C, you are going to have to find an Australian enthusiast to help you along. They do frequent here often.

You might try AUSTRALIAN FALCON in a search engine to find information. The 302C was not released in the States.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts