Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stock rebuilt ford 302 in my 55 willys truck,Im currently using the summit 600cfm 4 barrel carburetor and a cast iron 4 barrel intake manifold.I love the way the truck runs,But the engine has developed a small oil leak at the front of the engine between the intake and block.A simple fix,But since im going to have the intake off to change the gaskets.I was wondering about adding an aluminum intake.I got a weiand 8011 aluminum intake for free.Can this intake be used without killing my low end power? its a stock 302 so its no strip terror,But i dont want the truck to be any worse of a turd on wheels..eventually i will be adding the 268H cam to the engine and i already have headers on the truck.Anyone have an opinion on this intake..based on expierience

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
The weiand 8011 is for stock replacement and is designed for off idle to 5500 rpm so it should be fine..may I reccomend cam dynamics in Colorado for your cam as they custom grind all their cams to fit your application..and all they do is Ford cams and valve gear..

Sam

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
The weiand 8011 is for stock replacement and is designed for off idle to 5500 rpm so it should be fine..may I reccomend cam dynamics in Colorado for your cam as they custom grind all their cams to fit your application..and all they do is Ford cams and valve gear..

Sam
Sam - Best I've been able to find is that Cam Dynamics is now a subsidiary or wholly owned by Crane. I've been kinda looking for a replacement for the Ford 'E' in my car's engine and that name popped up a while back ..... but nada.

Dave W

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Man story of my life I find a good outfit and then they get bought out...Guess I will need to call on Jim VanCleve for my Ford stuff...Not that I mind as Jim knows his Fords..

Sam

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Man story of my life I find a good outfit and then they get bought out...Guess I will need to call on Jim VanCleve for my Ford stuff...Not that I mind as Jim knows his Fords..

Sam
That's one of the (very many) downfalls, as I've found out, when you get a bit 'long of tooth'. What usta be just ain't no mo' :pain:

Dave w

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sam - Best I've been able to find is that Cam Dynamics is now a subsidiary or wholly owned by Crane. I've been kinda looking for a replacement for the Ford 'E' in my car's engine and that name popped up a while back ..... but nada.

Dave W
Crane purchased Cam Dynamics in the mid-1980's, and can still grind any Cam Dynamics profile, and most OEM spec cams. try the tech line ay 866-388-5120. Regards, Chase

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.