Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hopfully somebody can help me i have 1991 302 ho in my 1969 galaxie fastback it was running great with a 2b carb upgraded to a procomp street strip intake and distr,a edelbrock 1406 and a set of edelbrock timing gears and high flow fuel pump and now the car will not run under 3000 rpms I have gone over everything and it all seems to be were it needs to be.and i have even put the old timing chain and fuel pump back on and is the same can somebody please help

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The Edelbrock 1406 does not like fuel pressure above 5.5 psi you should have a pressure regulator on it.Even your stock fuel pump may be above that so try to regulate it at 4.5 to 5.0 psi. Your Pro-Comp distributor probably has a 24 degree mechanical advance curve,set it 10-12 degree advanced with your timing light,works on my similar setup.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
To add to what Jeff said - a large vacuum leak can also cause that problem as well. You need to get the rpm up to create enough air velocity through the carb to pull fuel 'through' to engines comb. system instead of relying on atmospheric pressure to push it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.