Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
zactly what Bob said...if you do...dont forget to drill steam holes, nah, dont bother, youll have em back off cause you hate em before it overheated anyway

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
very small 58cc cumbustion chambers bring compression up, thats great, cept, you wont be able to run pump gas. the valves are way to small & the ports dont move any air...itll be a turd

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
what do you mean what if I supercharge it ?
with superchargers you need to keep compression in the 8-9:1 range....with the 305 heads, it would be to much

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
no 305 heads on a 400sbc

A 400sbc need heads specific to a 400sbc...nothing else will work properly...no steam holes will cause you to overheat...BAD!!! DO NOT use the 305 heads on your 400sbc!!! Go to the engine forum and get more info from those guys there!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That 400 runs excellent with the 305 heads. I do not know where you get your info, but I still don't believe how well it responds. Sometimes its worth the gamble.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Intim, you are the only one Ive ever heard rave about how wonderful 305 heads are. I used em on a 350 once a few years back, against advise I should have taken, it was a pinging turd, sure, it pulled hard down low( as long as it wasnt pingin), but it was flat by about 4500 RPMs. Put the old 88s 76cc heads on, over all, much better.
The only guys I know who use 305 heads succesfully are the low dollar claimer dirt track stock car guys, & theyd rather use Vortec, but cant due to rules.
If you make em work, man, good luck to yea,... Ill pass

1 - 11 of 11 Posts