Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
the 416 are probably the best a far as carb ones go

but nothing special for sure, crappy runner volumes and tiny valves

imho you would be ALOT better off with a set of milled down smogger 350 heads such as 882 or 993, etc

or a set of stock vortec ones off a car or truck

good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked up the castings on the heads. None of them are 305 heads.4 out of the 5 are 74'-80' 350/400 76cc sbc according to the #'s(333882). The odd one is a 67'-68' 307/327(3917290), not much use since I only have one. Anyways, any suggestions for re-building a pair of the others ie: valves, rockers, rods? I've never done much more than change parts and I'm on a budget but not in a hurry(the truck and the heads were free so I'm off to a good start there). I'm looking for mild street performance, just something that won't fall on its face when I leave a light, the way it does now...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the reason they were free is the guys at one of the local oval tracks gave them to me because he thought they were 305 heads and they now run 350's only. They all look to be in decent condition, but I won't doubt your advice. Thats why I came here...Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.