Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Ok here is the problem im having I have a 307 chevy that was in my car. It is all torn down. My plan was to have it as a back up engine as I stroked my 350 this winter. However my friend now wants to buy the 307 for his jeep.
My real problem is this. When I look for items for a 307 not to much comes up I see lots of 305 and of course 350 kits and such. What I wanted to know is could I in fact buy items for a 350 or 305 that would be the same and fit right into the 307. I know the bore size is diffrent but what can go into or goes on a 307 that is the same as the other two engines such as cranks, cams, and so on?
Thanks everyone I have been having trouble finding information on this and it has become a rather large pain lol.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
307 pistons are specific to the 307, & nothing else will fit, so they are expensive. The 307 crank is the same as a large-journal 327, but no other, but they do use the same bearings as a 350 or 305. With the exception of certain parts specific to the 400, other small-block stuff fits fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.