Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how involved is it to change to suicide doors? Has there been any articals in any of the magazines on doing this to a 31 or 32?
Thanks D.C.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
dcurhotrod, its not to bad, its pretty straight forward and easy if you buy a hidden hinge kit for suicide doors. If you plan to use the stock hinges its still pretty simple, just alot of cutting and welding and relocation of latches (old or new) prefferably new with suicide door pins for safety. Don't keep up on the rags so I couldn't tell you, but if you need more help I would be happy to do so.

HK

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
did this one- we not only changed to a suicide door we used a pair of victoria doors that were roughly 3 in longer and we flush mounted the doors, you have to basically rebuild the rear body post, we used 16 ga. and a lot of forming work , we had a new wood kit so the patterns were good, easy to copy then we made the hinges out of heavy strap and sweat, modified the rear post to recess fit them , then filled the old hinge positions in the front pillar stretched the body to accomodate the door then tacked every thing back together, looked good and the three hundred lb. owner could get in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts