Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 31 model a 302, The rear suspension is bottomed out. I guess the leaf spring was either heated and bent or some leaf's were removed. I am looking for the cheapest way to add some suspension for comfort. I don't know if I should replace the spring and add shocks or remove the spring and go with coil over shocks or some other creative idea's.

Any thoughts on the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Any good spring shop can replace or even make new springs, they can just copy the specs off of your old ones. The ride height can be set by how they bend them up and the thickness of the spring (s).

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
more questions

Is the suspension too soft? Not enough clearance between parts ? Frame Z ed or modified. On one of my roadsters I put a lowering block between the spring and crosmember to raise the frame. It had Too much Z drop for all the pieces to work right and have clearance. Cheap might be booster coils on your shocks, popular a few years ago for pulling a trailer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.