Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Kodiak with a 3116 CAT 9GK model engine that has sat for 5 years after being hit hard in the left side (fuel tank is on the right). I've never heard the engine run but have no reason to believe it wasn't running before the accident. I cannot get it started. I've emptied the fuel tank and had it cleaned, put in 10 gallons of new diesel. I replaced the only filter in the fuel system, it sits upside down so you cannot prefill it before installation. I did however fill it and let it soak for a day to saturate the element. With the feed line from the filter to the back of the head disconnected I get no fuel or air while cranking the engine. I have also tried disconnecting the inlet line from the tank to the pump and putting air pressure to the tank. I get a steady stream of fuel up to the pump inlet. I've also tried putting air pressure to the tank with the line removed at the back of the head with the key on but still don't get any fuel. Is this pump rebuildable? Is there something else I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.