Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between a 318 oil pan and any other small block Mopar. I ordered a 318 pan and its different from the one I took off. One of the end rubber gaskets don't fit because the mating surface is smaller on one end than the other and the two small holes where the gasket pops through are missing. What pan did I get.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
The SB Mopars changed their design slightly in the late 70s-early 80s....not quite sure of the year. I know that the front cover changed, so it may take a slighly different pan.

·
Some Punk Kid
786 Posts
poncho62 said:
The SB Mopars changed their design slightly in the late 70s-early 80s....not quite sure of the year. I know that the front cover changed, so it may take a slighly different pan.
Was that the poly block change? Because I think after the poly the regular 318 was same as magnum blocks.
I thought about putting that in my above post but decided not as I don't know exactly what I'm talking about.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
No....the poly engine was ended in 67.........They then had the 273/318/340/360 design...........They just changed this design slightly around 1980.

What year pan did you order, Grape?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.