Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Saturday I'm going to look at a 32 Chevy Tudor. Can anyone tell me what I should look for that would make me not want to buy this car. I'm not green however this type of car is out of my league so any advise, comments, help etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx John

·
Registered
244 Posts
John, do you know anyone that could go with you. Is it rodded or is it original. Check the condition of the wood. Alot of it is going to depend on your level of skill and what you think you can handle. Where in Canada are you. May know someone in your area that may be able to help you out. Feel free to PM if you like. Do you know what model it is by chance.'32 Chevs are one of the nicest years out there in my opinion. I think there was about 8 or 9 tudours including the coupes. Good Luck.

John

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Chevrolet called the 2door sedan a Coach, the Ford 2door sedans were Tudors.
Often the sheet metal on pre-36 GM products is in superb condition but the $5000+ of wood holding it all up in place is rotten and broken and sagging. Replacing or repairing wood in these cars is expensive and worse often requires the body be dismantled in some percentage. Yes, that means pull the interior at the minimum.
These days it is common to replace this wooden structure with a structure of steel tubing. If the replacement is done right the car's life is greatly extended because dismantling the body and realigning the panels and getting everything back where it belongs and works is often too much for a first timer and even for a seasoned rodder.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
As 46chevyfleetline try to take someone who knows these cars with you. As both of these members say wood will be the biggest downfall of this car. Is it a field car (I doubt it as it would probably have already fallen apart). Please give more details so we can help you out. If you are near me you can PM me as well. My 29 Nash has a complete wood body frame that will have to be replaced with steel. There is barely enough wood left to use as patterns. Unless this car has been kept inside all of its life or had the wood replaced with wood during a restoration or steel during a rebuild you will probably be looking at replacing the wood. Not impossible but a lot of work. In the end you will have a car that will not be seen every time you turn the corner at a rod run.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
46chevyfleetline I live in Markham Ontario Canada my e-mail is [email protected] Give me a buzz and if your close enough we'll go check it out, it's in St. Catherines or maybe we can meet if your closer to there than here. Thanks in advance for the help. I cannot believe how helpfull all the hotrodders are what a cool community. I'm gonna love getting into hotrodding just to meet all the people.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
46chevyfleetline said:
John, do you know anyone that could go with you. Is it rodded or is it original. Check the condition of the wood. Alot of it is going to depend on your level of skill and what you think you can handle. Where in Canada are you. May know someone in your area that may be able to help you out. Feel free to PM if you like. Do you know what model it is by chance.'32 Chevs are one of the nicest years out there in my opinion. I think there was about 8 or 9 tudours including the coupes. Good Luck.

John
my e-mail address is [email protected] please call me and will set up time and place if you like to see the car,

·
Registered
244 Posts
John, I'm just a bit out of Windsor which as you know is about three hours away from ya. But, I will hook you up. I'll email you with the info. :thumbup:

Cheers!! John M.

Sent you an email John, 5:45pm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts