Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for ideas on what front end parts and power steering rack to use for my frame. I have just completed my frame. I would like to use late model ford parts including disc brakes and spindles that i could get at the wrecker yard.then get some tubular a-arms, and coil overs. What models are the best setup. Explorer, mustang ,ranger?
Any help is appreciated or steer me to an old thread.
Thanks
Darrin

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:(

NO Help from me ...
Most 32 Fords use a more traditional system. In my humble opinion ... most if not all independent front suspensions do not adapt well to 32 Fords with fenders. To get a 32 Ford to sit as low as most folks want, you cannot get the upper A arm parallel to the ground ... so you end up with some serious camber changes ...

:D

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I'll put in a plug for the Ford Independent Twin I-Beam. Heres a shot of the one under my pickup which not only gives a nice ride but looks half way traditional from a distance. The second shot shows how it was put together. I also put a twin I-Beam under my fenderless roadster which you can see in my journal and I'm just now starting on another fenderless car this will utilize the same front end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
front end

Thanks for the info ,but I think I am set on using late model parts. The cost has to be very low as I,m on a strict budget , and really need to try to save a few bucks where I can. If I can get brake parts,spindles etc. off of a wreck then I can spend a few bucks on the A-arms, shocks, etc. do the make a drop type axle to work with some late model ford spindles?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.