Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a stumper.....I want to put only the top hood on my 32. Not the hood sides. How can I attach the hood top so as not to fly off when driving ?

·
Registered
583 Posts
what about DZUS fasteners? alot of racers use them. if you dont want the latches to show,you`ll need someone that did it to help you out. good luck with your ride. :cool:

·
Registered
369 Posts
You can go with a dan finks for a three peice hood. but just put on the top section. Or any latch for a three peice hood would do. The if you ever want to run the side you'll have everything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use steel angle section fixed to the cowl and radiator cover. The hood top fits over this and is fixed from underneath with nutserts...cant see any fixings unless you look up from under the hood. All comes off in five minutes (including angle section) to run hoodless. Cost me £10, between $15 and $20.

Um, no I cant afford an exotic hood latch system!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If I ever have to put on my hood top ,I plan on using leather straps and buckles.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
A friend had a real old hotrod 32 3W Coupe, chopped top, Eddie Meyer equipped Flattie, full-fendered, 16 wire wheels, filled top and filled and peaked radiator shell and hood tops only. The hood was held from flapping by 2 black rubber bungee cords, one in front, one in back, The hooks were straightened enough to go through one of the loops that the original hood rods went through. Worked great

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Rocknrod, what exactly are you looking for? Do you plan to run your hood all the time? Do you want to be able to remove it and not have any remains of the latch? Give me something to work with and I'll solve your problem.

HK

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay "Halloweenking" I want to run just the top hood all the time, without the sides. But want it to look clean.......no latches showing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New Ideas

So anyone have new ideas on mounting my hood top (3 piece hood is pref.) on my 32 ford ? I want to run the hood only all the time and do not want to be able to see latches. Am I asking for too much ?:spank:

·
Registered
7 Posts
rockinrod, i used to have this set-up on my 5w '32. i had tabs welded to the ends of the hood top underneath the lip. i bolted it to the radiator where the grille shell bolts to the radiator, and had some small tabs bolted to the firewall that the hood bolted to. i am not far away from you if you would like more info e-mail me at [email protected]. i still have the tabs that were bolted to the firewall if you would like them you can have them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts