Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is regarding a 32 ford highboy chassis. I am having trouble trying to decide whether or not i need to NOTCH the frame rails in front just above the front transverse spring? The guy building my frame says no...dont need it...but i've been seeing it a lot on other cars...i spoke at lenth today with a guy in Concord Cal. that has two 32 rrods. both highboys, he says i will bottom out if i dont do it? Ive seen cars built by big name guys without notches. I'm really mixed up, and want to get this RIGHT. Using super bell 4 inch drop Ibeam with posie type spring NOT a monoleaf. ...WHAT TO DO? please share experiences . Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you have a fun project going there. I have two suggestions for you; first, repost this question in the Suspension - Brakes - Steering forum. That will give you a lot more exposure since this forum is for general introductions. Second, start a journal and post pictures of your project as you go and that will help immensely in getting informed advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts