Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started with a 1968 327 the only large journal 327 was 68 from what I have read. It the numbers on the top of the block narrow it down to a 350,327 or 302. under the block by the crank I'm told the numbers there nail it down to a 327. It was just rebuilt when I bought it But that didn't slow down heads and oil pan being unbolted within 2 hours of ownership. So far I have the comp magnum 292/501 cam kit, the magnum roller rockers, the magnum pushrods, an airgap intake, holley 650 mechanical secondaries and choke and the msd hei setup with the rev limiter. The pistons are over 20 flat tops the heads are the hump closed chamber 194s.I also have a 150 n.o.s. system that I may or may not use.I'm just looking for a ballpark idea of what to expect from it. It is going in an 87 monte ss arocoupe. I'm not intending it for a drag car but more of a topend car. with the 4 speed overdrive and the 3:73 gears I have no idea what this will top out at. Also any advise on what coverter to run with the 292 being I'm not looking to jerk the rest of the drivetrain anymore than I have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.