Hot Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 camaro with a 327 2 barrel that I just installed a new set of NGK plugs in. I havent realy driven the car much since I bought it 2 months ago but I took it out for a drive today and the car hesitates once I accelerate from a dead stop or bogs going around a corner then drives ok once the rpms go up. throttle response seems to be good when I check it in park, no hesitation.
it's alot worse when it's cold but not much better once it's warmed up. Any suggestions ??:confused:

Thanks !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you changed your filters (air, fuel,maybe PVC)? The reason I ask is you said when you turn, it acts up. You could have some flakes or other dirt in your fuel filter that would not show up siting still and no load.

Pappy

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the air filter at the same time as the plugs because it was pretty dirty. when I bought the car I drove it home from Washington and I don't remember it having this problem at the time. that was the only time I drove the car until yesterday. I'm
thinking this started after changing the plugs but it might also be the carb.?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I wonder if its just not the cold temp causing this. My Chevelle hesitates when its cold out. I had it out last week at 30 degrees and it was pretty bad.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you get a good squirt of gas if you look in the carb (while not running) and open the throttle ? Does it bog when accelerating around curve or when just cornering? I can't see it being electrical.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't checked to see if it's squirting properly, it does this when accelerating. It has been pretty cold here as well in the last while. at higher rpm's it seems fine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll check the carb, I have a new (rebuilt ) quadrajet I'm waiting for
which I'm swapping over to from 2 barrel so if it's just the carb it's not a big deal, I was worried it may be electrical.

thanks for your input guy's !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.