Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
You really don't need to post two threads for the same question.

My opinion is to go with the 327, but that is a biased opinion due to the fact that there are so many 350's out there that they bore me. The 350 is a better all around street engine with a more broad powerband it is just that I am sick of hearing "I gotta 350".

No offense to anyone it's just that I get bored with the same ole, same ole stuff and have to do something different.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its gonna go in my s-10. im either goin to rebuild my 350 topend with a trickflow trackheat kit. or just yank that 350 and drop in a 327 because the truck is pretty light and a fast revvin 327 would probably make a difference

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
If you get a late model 350 with a roller cam it will more than make up for any "rev" improvements with the 327.

You can't argue that a roller 350 with or without vortec heads is going to be less streetable than a flat tappet 327. If you want to waste time and money because you are "bored" or want to think that somehow a non-numbers matching 327 will be nostalgic, well I won't be able to convince you anyway.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Listen to lluciano,he is right on the mark,your only advantage would be gas milage,and with your hp expectations,you will need a big cam,there goes that benifit right down the toilet." For low dollar streetable power,you want all the cubes you can get from factoy stuff. I used to argue the same way you do,and I did build some hot stuff,strait 6 motors that kept up with big blocks,302 chevs that turned 8000,but you know what,all I did was prove I could,bottom line is,they were very time consuming,expensive,high maintainance motors that could have been smoked for a lot less effort. Im just trying to tell you what others should have told me then." Im not saying a 327 is a bad motor,in fact I like em,just dont get your expectations of hp up if you want it to run right as a driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.