Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 327 with2hump heads for 250 dollars! goin in the nova. it came out of a 68 camaro, and is either a 210 or 275 horse motor. never bored. comes with origonal intake. i am considering putting the 350 horse cam in it, what do yall think

·
Registered
36 Posts
double humps

If you are running a standard trans. you will be okay with the 350 hp and the saturday night special idle quality , with automatic you need a stall converter due to the low vacuum it will carry approx. 10 inches.The 350 hp cam only makes a small amount more hp then the 300 in real dyno numbers.20-25 hp more but the torque is almost identical .I have dynoed both and I would go with the 300 hp .

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
61Burb said:
If you are running a standard trans. you will be okay with the 350 hp and the saturday night special idle quality , with automatic you need a stall converter due to the low vacuum it will carry approx. 10 inches.The 350 hp cam only makes a small amount more hp then the 300 in real dyno numbers.20-25 hp more but the torque is almost identical .I have dynoed both and I would go with the 300 hp .

so i should go with the 300 horse cam huh? will this have any sound to it? what about idle? keep in mind im going with a th350 with a full manual valve body.373 gears also. running super40 series flowmasters as well turned down after the front seat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
350 hp cam

You will like the sound of the 350 hp and you have the gears and trans too make it work, enjoy ! Sounds like a fun ride .I want a ride .

·
Registered
91 Posts
backyard71nova said:
so i should go with the 300 horse cam huh? will this have any sound to it? what about idle? keep in mind im going with a th350 with a full manual valve body.373 gears also. running super40 series flowmasters as well turned down after the front seat.

your motor is a 275hp version since it has the camel hump heads. THe 275hp and 300hp motors use the same cam if I remember right. the 350hp cam will work fine but it`s a little out dated. Check out Lunati`s Voodoo series cams. the 262 or even the 268 voodoo would be a great cam for your motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts