Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a 1934 ford. The chassis and all engine etc is together. I have the body fitted and bolted up tothe front fenders. My question is, does anyone have experience with the inner fenders supplied with an outlaw performance body? I have tried every angle, position I could put these in and they just don't fit. I am stuck. If you have constructed an outlaw product you know first hand that this car comes with no directions. They give tech support but it is poor. I am not a professional restorer but I do have a lot of motor building experience. I would appreciate any help, pictures etc showing how these work.

·
Registered
584 Posts
i`m not sure i can help but i`ll try. first,there are left & right inner fender pieces. next,very little of the inner fender will show from the outside of the car when finished. the inner fender is attached to the frame & then the fender to the inner fender. if you have an ifs set up,the inner fender pieces may need some areas cut out to clear the upper a-arm & bracket. i know this from assisting a freind assemble his outlaw car. sorry about your problems,outlaw makes a good product(imho) & tech support was great per my buddy. no pics but will help if possible,good luck. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,

I have an independent front suspension. That is the problem. Also, the inner fender does not match the contour of the fender at all and the built in flare hits the shorty exhaust headers on both sides. Did this happen on your friends car?

Ted

·
Registered
584 Posts
its been a few years, however as i remember the inner fender mounts on the outside of the frame,then the fender. that was then,i`m wondering if they changed their set up.with the inner fender on the outside of the frame,no header problem in that respect. that lip or flare (i hope we are talking about the same thing here) on the inner fender locates directly above the fender and MUST match the fender contour (just like an original car)and runs the length of the fender. in case you dont know,we installed fender welting just like an original car to help take up small gaps & eliminate rubbing/squeaking of the inner/outer fenders.
i hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fastford

thank you the information was very helpful. My friend and I will try to fit this on wednesday night. I will let you know if we are successful.

Ted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts