Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have seen some 34 Ford coupes with very nice looking stainless steel or chrome side vents/grilles on the side portions of their hoods. My particular replicar doesn't have them, but I'd like to get them and add them on. Does anyone know of a place that sells these? Also, were they stock for the 34, or is this just a popular add-on conversion from a later Ford? Thanks for the help.

Dave

·
Registered
584 Posts
original 34 hoods were louvered vertically on the side with no chrome trim. i do not know who sells/makes the trim you are referring to, sorry. i hope someone else will be able to help you on this one. :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Most of the interesting chrome-plated or aluminum or stainless hood trim, louvered panels, and so on that you have been seeing on cars are made by the builder of the car. Some are pieces taken from other cars, trucks, lawnmowers, tractors, or even aircraft that are used to make that special difference for your car. Look around, the air return vent from a Jen-Air range might look great!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have never seen those things look good on a Ford you mostly see those on other makes. My advice, don't do it. Go with the verticle louvers or a smooth hood.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I think they look awesome. They look like something from a later model Ford, just added to the 34. I do also like the verticle ones that you described. I found a pair of hood side from a 34 Ford truck, would they fit the coupe? I'm just starting to get into the old pre-war cars, so my knowledge on them is growing. Thanks again!

Dave

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Pilot,
I must repeat...your StreetBeast is not a 34 Ford!
The StreetBeast has not one panel which, if separated from it's one-piece design, would interchange with and fit a 34 Ford Coupe or Vicky or Cabriolet.
The pickup side panels (rectangular with louvers and if for V8 shortened louvers at midpoint for installation of Ford and V8 emblems) you have will fit 33-34 Pickups only. The 34 Passenger cars have a contoured hood side that tapers into the bottom side of the grille humps over the fender/inner fender panel, and sweeps back to the cowl.
Please don't throw your money away buying original parts (as in sheet metal) thinking they'll work on your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts