Hot Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 224 Posts

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,647 Posts
NICE! Doesn't look it it'll need any buffing like it is...

Russ

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
baddbob said:
DZ, you're paint and bodywork looks second to none! Very nice!!!! Bob
Thanks Bob, just practicing for the exterior pieces, body, hood, fender, running boards, deck lid. Next on the paint list is the fenders and running boards. Hope it goes as well as the rest has so far. This weekend I will be doing a spring cleaning on the paint booth I have been using. It needs a good cleaning before I do the big pieces.

Vince

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Paint booth repaint

Repainted the paint booth and a general cleaning underway. New light bulbs and cleaning years of paint from the glass on the fixtures. next step is changing out all the filters. getting ready to roll the 34 into the booth.

Vince

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Looks like you're beating him already, he aint got no paint :p

Lookin extremely good Vince, never worked with glass before but seems to be even more complicated than metal. And you'd think people buy glass cars for an easier build? Dont seem that way to me :confused:

Mike

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nightfire said:
Looks like you're beating him already, he aint got no paint :p
Lookin extremely good Vince, never worked with glass before but seems to be even more complicated than metal. And you'd think people buy glass cars for an easier build? Dont seem that way to me :confused:
Mike
IMO they are, especially if you have a lot of shabby work to correct, ala Gibbon.

Vince

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Vince, You're not going to be able to blame any mishaps on prep, it looks like you've got that booth ready to rock and roll! Let the fan run for awhile before you shoot if time permits. Thumbs up on the job you're doing! It looks top notch IMO :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks Bob, I really appreciate the comments. I have the luxury of having a bunch of very good guys in the club who are eager to get their hands dirty and help out. The guy who's shop we are using used to have a body shop and he is an excellent body and paint man, that is his 67 SS Chevelle in the pics. He has been watching me, but after a while he said I need no more watching. I have second thoughts about that :D .

My fenders and running boards are on tap for paint this coming weekend if I can devote enough time during the week to get them blocked.

Vince

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Gonna shoot some more paint tomorrow. Spent most of today starting at 6am sanding, priming, sanding and priming again on the front fenders, rear fenders and running boards. That is the remains of $200 a gallon K36 you see on the driveway.

Vince

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This fender is ready for paint. Started blocking with 80 grit on the bare fiberglass, followed by two heavy coats of Omni MX241 polyester primer blocked again with 180, followed by two heavy coats of PPG K36. Started wet sanding by dusting on 3M Dry Guide Coat, blocked first with 320 wet, followed by 600 wet for the finish.

Vince

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
;)

Looking GOOD........
I hate sanding....priming and sanding again....

Why don't you come up here and paint mine :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
could you provide me with the paint info or code?? It looks like HOK Passion Pearl, however you mentioned PPG when you spoke of primer. Any info would be appreciated. That looks like the color I'm looking for...

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
barthmonster said:
could you provide me with the paint info or code?? It looks like HOK Passion Pearl, however you mentioned PPG when you spoke of primer. Any info would be appreciated. That looks like the color I'm looking for...

The "K" means $$$$$$$

Vince

21 - 40 of 224 Posts