Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine needs a 35 Ford grille. I've looked at Dennis Carpenter, Mac's, ebay, Kanter's, no luck. Any suggestions as to where I may look? Thanks, Dan (A coupe.)

[ February 06, 2003: Message edited by: dinger ]</p>

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You didn't specify whether your pal has a 35 Ford CAR or TRUCK. The passenger car grilles were once available in a fair reproduction from Argentina BUT they haven't produced any in probably 25 years. Originals (plateable) are hard to find and very expensive (up to $1K). Paintable originals and old Argentine repros are probably in the 200-400 dollar range. You may have to buy several trashed grilles and piece one together.
The truck grilles are the same for 35 and 36 for all intents and purposes. Again, no repros are available or ever have been, I've seen these with some frquency at meets in TX and OK where we shop. The prices for very nice ones with trim ring and little rust are about $700 or so. A repairable one with bent bars and some rust may be as cheap as $200.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Dinger, a friend of mine usually has a few 35 grills for sale (both car and truck) His are usually in the $400-$600 range because he deals with pretty good stuff. They are in Western NC, so shipping will be a bit more. Let me know if you want me to pursue.

Trees

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, guys. it's a coupe, I'll get back to him with the info. I did a little more searching last night, prices were really high on some, trees, that sounds like a good price :D Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts