Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to impress.... Mainly so if i cant get the door and im in a hurry just pop it open or if im on my way to the truck and it is really hott then just air it out why im walken OR openin the door for the LADIES and i cant get there in time many many reasons on why i wanna get this ! how is security easy to break into? http://www.slickcar.com/productdeta...p?ProductID=544

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm by no meens an expert on this but I can tell you there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First is the fact that if you would happen to leave a light on or some thing and the battery drains (could also just go bad) you wont be able to pop the doors open. Second is if you have to get in the car to open the hood and your battery is dead you have no way to recarge the system so you can open the doors and get the car runing. Just figured I would point those out just in case you hadn't thought of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought about that in depth about the battery going dead thinking about trying to fingure out a fail safe like if battery goes dead then have sometype of handle underneath the car which can open a door or pop the hood also its going in a 2000+ tacoma i wil have the back window to get through if it does go dead!

·
Registered
5 Posts
shaved doors

Hi there I just installed shaved doors on my truck. If you want a easy way to get into your car all I did was installed some brake cable from a bike to the latch rod and ran it out side of the truck somewhere and put alittle handle on the other end so you can always get into your ride if you have to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi um could u show me pictures

basicly u got the shaved handles but u got a brake cable from a bike sticking out under the truck to pull to unlock?

i know this is a hotrod forum but im not going into that im on this forum to ask about these Door Poppers because the Toyotanation.com forum people dont know to much about them and since you are all into custom cars i wanted your opinions

my uncle used to build hotrods he was rich he was a drug dealer he made lots of money by doing it his cars were so nice :)

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Most kits come with a safety opening. Do a search and read about the various kits and you can probably find installation instructions to view and see what your getting into. Do you have wiring experience? You going to need it as well as some fabrication/modification to the body. Or maybe get your uncle to spot you the money and pay someone to do it :rolleyes: .

·
It just takes time and money
225 Posts
Dead battery is definitely a bad situation with shaved doors.
I had to break a window to get in. After that, I installed a mechanical emergency cable to the latch, and routed it to the side of the frame(so it wouldn't be seen). It has saved me from breaking 2 more windows.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Most kits have a fail safe button that you mount somewhere that in the event of a dead battery it will open the drivers door. Another thing, you better have some heavy doors cuz 35lb. poppers can move some metal.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Odium said:
Most kits have a fail safe button that you mount somewhere that in the event of a dead battery it will open the drivers door. Another thing, you better have some heavy doors cuz 35lb. poppers can move some metal.
Thats what I was thinking.

Are Tacoma's the Toyota Full Size?

They're those "mini trucks" right?

Those things have super flimsy doors, and are probably only like 10 or 15 pounds of metal... lol

35 lb. counterwieghts sounds like some overkill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts