Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys . I have just got myself a 350 4bolt block that i would like to stroke to a 383 and put a blower on also this will be running pump gas i would like 500+hp out of it does anyone have any suggestions on what parts i should be putting into this block to make this happen . cheers stu :thumbup:

·
Short bed 70 Chev
76 Posts
Just my 2 cents

Well with some good heads and some compression a nice cam you could be making 500 horse with just the stroke kit with out the blower i would think. You could run it on pump gas just depending on the c/r when you stroke it.

·
Short bed 70 Chev
76 Posts
Since you are wanting to build a stroker then you are going to start from the bottom and work your way up. I would suggest a scat crank. Here are a couple sets. These sets a pretty decent priced and have everything you need to start the bottom end. The difference in the two is one has hypereutectic pistons and one has fordge. jegs.com # 942-1-9000bi this is a good kit and if your wanting to put a blower on it after this then make sure you get some 72 cc heads. If you dont want a blower then i would go with this set. 942-1-40760bi. Fordged pistons with a high compression ratio depending on your heads. If your wanting hyper pistons but more compression look at 942-91050bie. There is about $100o dollars different in these kits. There is alot of contraversi on fordged vs hyper pistons. Fodged are stronger but more money.

For your top end I personaly am a lunati fan.. everyone had there brands. So i would recomend the lunati roller series. And choose a nice set of lifters. The Comp high energy pushrods are good. For rockers i would go with the jegs brand aluminum roller rockers. i am running them in my hopped up 355 and have friends one with them in a 415 sbc and one with a 454 bb. And they have help up great at a great price.

For your heads i also like the dart pro 1 aluminum heads. If your looking to save a little money check ebay for aluminum heads you can get some brand new heads ported and assembled to match your cam specs for under $700 for the set. The ones i have seen have been great quality.

For a intake if your not going with a blower the search high rise sbc intakes on ebay you can pick up a really niced polished one for around $150 and they look and work great.
Carbs I also am a demon fan a speed demon 750 would be a great carb for this app.
Hope this information is helpful. Im not a pro but thats what i will build my next motor from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.