Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Robert .I'm 54 years old and have been doing carpenter work for about 30 years, but can't do that much anymore .I have two bad disc in my back ,and one in my neck,I also have severe carpol tunnel in both hands. I get by on morphine sulfate and percocet. I decided to build a 350 bored .030 over for my pickup truck. I have the block Kb forged pistons[700] scat crankshaft and rods[5.7], cam is 276/280 vortec heads 170 runners 64cc vortec rpm intake ,roller tip rockers TH350c lock-up tranny rear has 373 gears carb 670 street avenger.What does this set-up looks like to you guys ,I have been getting some help from from a great guy.BLUE82

·
Registered
11 Posts
your build

it looks to me that you are on the right track for a good street cruiser. depends on the lift of the cam? what are your intentions for use? as long as you keep the cam under .480inch lift you should have no driveability issues. any other questions just ask and good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cam is a solid flat tappet lift, I think is 520-530 it is for both ,street strip.I'm getting some changes to the heads , such as drilled for peramiter bolts 7/16 screw in studs and springs to match lift of the cam. Thanks for the help and the positive comment.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Guys.....this is the Introduction forum. It would be best to ask your engine questions in the Engine forum. It will be seen more there by the guys with the answers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts