Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question i just bought a set of hooker headers for my 350 chevy. I know on my old headers i had to beat the first tube tube so the plug would go in. am i going to have the same problem with my new headers it seems like my old headers are burrning my boots will a set of heat covers help with this on my new ones?

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
I am running 230 Dart Iron eagle heads on my engine in my camaro. With a set of hookers on it i never have to do anything to get my plugs in and im running msd wires 90 degree without any issues yet. did you go with competion or super comp JW. I have never ran the boot covers but i dont see why not alittle extra precaution never hurts. Cole

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
I dont know why you would have to bend the tube to put the plug in, you shouldnt have to. Oh and yes i was reffering to the headers super competition or just the competition you have the comps. Cole

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
pena0724 said:
Ihave alum dart pro 1 heads straight plugs and ngk 4091 plugs and a set of taylor spiro wires with 90 degree boot
You might try crossing your NGK's over to an AC Rapidfire plug which tend to be shorter and use MSD wires which have a shorter boot,several people I have given this advice to solved their problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.