Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
building 350 chevy got good heads will stroking to 383 help, and or need to blow it

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm getting 350hp 380 on the torque out of my chevy k5 without stroking or putting a blower on it... I'm running it stock 350 with vortec heads, gm performance intake for TBI, mild rv cam, 454 TBI, and custom computer chip...

I believe the chevy 350 HO is around 330 on the HP... add a better cam to that motor (and that motor is 2 grand) and your in business. chevy performance had an article a while back on using that engine with a chevy performance hot cam etc. for around 400 HP (if I remember correctly, but if was definitely over 350)

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is no substitute for cubic inches, if ya got the cash, do the 383 ... or just buy one of the Hardcore 427 small blocks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Roughly, the 383 addition will add 25hp/50#'s torque, over what you already have designed in a 350-the wilder the motor, the more you will get from it. The 383 cranks are cheap, and not a horrible idea, once you have dealt with the heads, etc, all the important things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts