Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my hands on a 350 engine and have no books to identify it. (I just ordered a casting uide) but in the mean time could some one help me identify what I have!! Block number is 3970010, the engine number is 17JJ15320UB - stamped on front pad passenger side. The head numbers are 376450. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This engine was rebuilt 2-years ago and never used. Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh thank you very much, I went there and got the info!! Guess I'll be pulling the pan off!! Also do you think those 60cc heads will be good in this set up?? Kind of small chamber. I wonder what the compession ratio will be?? Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I simply want to say that the 60cc's listed refer to the rated exaust volume. The combustion chambers on a pair of 376450 heads are 76cc.

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts
Those 010 blocks are keepers, they're high nickel content units. Even if it's a 2-bolt for a couple hundred $$ you can put on Milodon splayed 4-bolt caps, align bore it and you'll probably be stronger than a factory 4-bolt as the outside bolts aren't compromising the block webbing. Milodon says you can drill and tap them yourself with their included kit, I've never done it myself.

Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts