Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up i have a Chevy 350 and on my Rear Top of the block close to where the seal goes when you install the intake manifold, theirs like a hole their, (some people i have seen have nothing their, but my motor came with like a nut with like a thin hose in the center real small, well i was getting oil leaking from their, wondering why???? will try to get pics

·
Registered
15 Posts
pipe plug

Go to Home Depo or a hardware store and get a simple 1/8" pipe plug. Pending you don't need or want a oil pressure guage. Thats one of 2 places where Chev has been putting thier oil pressure senders for as long as I can remember. The other place is by the oil filter.
Hope this helps !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Oh ok, we'll I've been having oil leak threw their for the past couple days and it builds up quite a bit , is it possible to get a new hose with the 1/8 pipe thread

Also I'll check today if I have it where the oil filter is, or the electrical gauge... Because the one that is leaking where the rear intake is, I know it's leaking but even before I never seen oil flowing threw , but my gauge inside works

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I took out the oil pressure unit that I had on the back of the intake, and their it was the hose was cracked right at the tip, also it was connected tothe gauge so I won't be plugging it ..

I just got a new kit which was $5 which included new hose and nut to connect to the gauge and to the rear block near distributor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.