Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1965 Impala SS Convertible
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 350 in my 65 impala. I am having an issue when the car is ideling. The car starts up and runs beautiful. No back fires, no knocking, no over heating. After running at idle for 5 to 10 minutes, the car dies. The engine will start right back up and run after this point, but will die again at idle. I have a 4 barrel edelbrock carb on it. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, spark plugs and wires. The timing is correct as well. I thought maybe a vacuum leak but I'm not sure :confused:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Possible , but how about the choke. If it runs beautiful the compression , an d timing are right. No reason to suspect internal problems. Sounds like the idle needs to be set for hot and cold operation.

Today was like 71 degrees, vapor lock is not suspect to me.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
The spring heats up and releases, or kicks down to hot idle with a snap. If the spring is broke, or linkage binding it may not release. This will hold the throttle tab off the screw. A 65, Qjet what type a choke does it look like? is this the original qjet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.