Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
mr mighty mouse
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this isnt my block, or short block i should say its actually my bro in laws. Hes got this off a 350 enthusiast and close friend for nothing. Just come and pick it up. It made my day whenever we got the block cause i now know you can sometimes get a short or bare one for free.
I just had to share it with you guys. I have a spider tray that im giving him, and dog bone set along with lifters and stuff from a 305 roller block plus the front travel plate i took from it(knew i was gonna need it some time) the 305 i stripped was also an SGI with mechanical fuel pump boss and im thinking these SGIs came with a mechanical boss, its just sealed off with a plate. me and him are gonna build it ourselves, have it machined 30 over and clearanced for 383 assbly. To save some $$ we will build the engine ourselves

Attachments

·
mr mighty mouse
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well this isnt my block, or short block i should say its actually my bro in laws. Hes got this off a 350 enthusiast and close friend for nothing. Just come and pick it up. It made my day whenever we got the block cause i now know you can sometimes get a short or bare one for free.
I just had to share it with you guys. I have a spider tray that im giving him, and dog bone set along with lifters and stuff from a 305 roller block plus the front travel plate i took from it(knew i was gonna need it some time) the 305 i stripped was also an SGI with mechanical fuel pump boss and im thinking these SGIs came with a mechanical boss, its just sealed off with a plate. me and him are gonna build it ourselves, have it machined 30 over and clearanced for 383 assbly. To save some $$ we will build the engine ourselves
Note the shiny chrome valve cover engine is my truck engine. I didnt mean to post it, but it had the same name in my files

·
World Famous VF-14
468 Posts
Nice I just picked one up for $100 bucks, Prior jasper rebuild, Crank was junk due to the wear on the thrust bearing area on the crank, It was just starting to rub the block with the counterweights. tore it all down and installed a new crank, and new main and rod beatings , rehoned and cleaned it up and put it all back together with a ZZ3 cam and a set of L98 heads I had left sitting around with some New LS6 beehive springs and vortec valve seals..

·
mr mighty mouse
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice I just picked one up for $100 bucks, Prior jasper rebuild, Crank was junk due to the wear on the thrust bearing area on the crank, It was just starting to rub the block with the counterweights. tore it all down and installed a new crank, and new main and rod beatings , rehoned and cleaned it up and put it all back together with a ZZ3 cam and a set of L98 heads I had left sitting around with some New LS6 beehive springs and vortec valve seals..

Nice looking, love that blue.
And i couldnt help but notice that truck with vented bumper. thats GM right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.