Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Ol' Ford Nut"
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe some of you guys can give me an idea on this. I have a 72 Q code (cobra jet), 4 bolt main, 351 Cleveland, everything is there, it has all the factory stuff with it, it is diassembled, but safe. I have been asked if I wanted to sell it. I gave a good price for it, but would like to know a good round about price on this engine. Just not gonna give it away. Not really the engine I wanted for my project, but was a too good a price to pass up. Thanks.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
$ 1500 if it is OK with closed chamber heads and rebuildable at .030. But it is a niche market for the numbers matching crowd.

I would email Jerry Heasley :thumbup: and some of the other restoration people. They probably know someone who wants it.

·
"Ol' Ford Nut"
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its stock, needs a good honing probably, but very buildable. I do think it has the closed chamber heads on it also.
And the #s do match.
How would I get this fellas addy to email him? Or could you forward this info for me? Would be appreciated.

I appreciate the reply.
Glxy500

·
71 Chevrolet Nova
73 Posts
I'm jeleous. I have a 71 cougar (another project in itself) along with my 71 nova. I took a upper end rebuild class and decided to do the heads on the 71 cougar and rebuild them, then do a stock rebuild to the lower end (in the future) just to get the car running again. It had a broken lifter of some sort and was only running on 7cylinders. Anyway, the heads I have are the 2v open chamber type! I envy you lol! Good luck finding a new owner for that engine, I'm sure it won't take much work to find a new owner either lol.

·
"Ol' Ford Nut"
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the reason I am asking bout the engine, the guy wants me to sell him the engine for a very low price, I am basically trying to get an idea of a price range for that engine for the sole purpose of seeing how bad he really wants it, I normally dont operate this way , but was trying not to be rude about the situation, done been told I didnt want to sell it right now. Was hoping something would come along to use it in. I got a few things working , dont know how it will turn out, but maybe.
I hope you have luck getting some for yours, I watched some on ebay this weekend , some are going from a fairly reasonable price. Give that a shot, its an option. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
72' Q code rebuildable long block core at Jasper* is $1200

so xntriks $1500 for a "complete" "rebuildable" motor is a very fair price

*the new rebuilt long block price is $2600...pretty normal for parts and labor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts