Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to put a 351 Windsor into a 1959 Ford Ranch Wagon.l'll need engine mounts.
Can anyone tell me where I can get engine mounts to suit
Also, what will I need to do with the rear cross member. Is the original easily adapted or do I need to get an adaptor of some sort?
It is currently a six cylinder, 3 speed manual
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't purchased the 351 yet. Looking for a C4 auto as well.
I've not tried to start the car - it was purchased as a non runner.
I've attached a couple of photos

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm not positive about this but I'm pretty sure that Ford didn't change the full size frames very much between 57 and 64. The 63 and 64 models could be had with the 260 or 289 v8 motors. So you should be able to do this with factory mounts.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I'm looking to put a 351 Windsor into a 1959 Ford Ranch Wagon.l'll need engine mounts.
Can anyone tell me where I can get engine mounts to suit
Also, what will I need to do with the rear cross member. Is the original easily adapted or do I need to get an adaptor of some sort?
It is currently a six cylinder, 3 speed manual
Thanks
Chris
Have you been following this post ? http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/59-ford-motor-mounts-213151.html The answers are there ;) A better quality mount set USA made is these: Energy Suspension 4.1124R Motor Mount and Transmission Set for Mustang : Amazon.com : Automotive these are used in 1986-93 Mustang 5.0's I would advise forgetting the C4 and use a 1988-93 5.0 and AOD as a donor as the AOD overdrive will play better with the 6 cyl geared rear end you can learn volumes about the AOD here: www.clickclickracing.com The 1988-93 AOD's have an improved valve body and lubrication upgrades and are still non-computer for an easier hookup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AOD trans

I'm interested in the AOD trans option rather than C4. I've found one that supposed to fit a Cleveland. Will this bolt up to a Windsor with no modifications?
Thanks
Chris

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Actually a fellow can get on craigslist and find a late 351 with an AOD attached from a donor and transplant the thing hide fur feathers an all into the wagon without a great deal of difficulty and have the efi and all that..Look for pickups with 2wd when you are looking..and find a good runner..Much more economical to do it that way..

Sam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your help.
I am in Australia so I assume the AOD's put in local V8 Falcons from 88 to 93 would be the same as used in US Mustangs from the same era.
Are there any distinctive external features to look for in the correct AOD
Thanks
Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts