Hot Rod Forum banner

351 windsor too small?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  PC Hotrod 
#1 ·
i got a 85' crown vic 2-door im restoring it it has a 302 in it now i wanted to put a 377 stroker in it because it uses the same motor mounts as a 351 but its a 5500 lb car i want this car to be fast as hell will a 377 give me the torque off the line as a big block would give some suggestions on this also i want to put a supercharger on this with dual carbs am i gonna kill the 377 give me your suggestions thanx!

#2 ·
vic,

i think if you're looking for a little more jump off the line, you could just change the gears in the rearend. Also, i don't think i'd put on supercharger. Why not just put on nitrous? It's a lot cheaper and power is there whenever you want it. Are you sure that car actually weighs 5500 lbs ?

JB

#3 ·
could you fit a big block in there? if yes, then just do that. that would definately give you good torque of the line. But as for the stroked windsor, i dont know much about the 377, but i read that the 393's are torque monsters. Put a blower on that and youll be flying.

#4 ·
351W is a great engine they have what is called a long arm assembly it consists of 351W block and crank and 400m rods (6.58 in) uses KB pistons number KB276. this assembly will produce around 175lbft more torque than a stock assembly and in a heavy car torque is what matters most and a shorter stroke will give more and quicker rpms than a stroker comparably built

#5 ·
thanx for the answers um tom i have absolutely no clue what your talking about haha sorry
the car actually weighs about 5800 lbs actually its a boat thats why i wanted to know if goin to a big block would be better suited for this car because ya know everyone hates to lose especially when u got a car that everyone else thinx is a dog i want to surprise people with the kind of power comin out of this thing shoudl i concentrate on higher rpms as well or just concentrate on low gears and instead of gears like 373's put something more along the lines of 410s or the extreme 456's?

#6 ·
If you really want to jump off the line then go ahead and get a big block. You cant beat the low end torque and plus if you need more you can always stroke it up to 572. I would think that at least 3.73s would be the way to go. The only thing that would suck is that youd be fillin up like every day. But hey, youd get off the line power.

#7 ·
For a detail performance report of you vehicle send me the information on your car as you want it prepared.

I'll run this data through a computer program called PC HOTROD and email the reports back to you.

Email me at the following address I'll return a data sheet for you to fill out and return to me.

If you don't know information such as transmission gear ratios and such, just tell me what kind of transmission you have and we can figure it out for you.

Check out the website listed below for a GLIMPSE of PC HOTROD.

pchotrod@hotmail.com

<a href="http://www.pchotrod.com" target="_blank">www.pchotrod.com</a>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.