Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
351C acting up again............recently floored it to see what she had and she started to choke or sputter or something.......pretty much felt like she revved up...then felt like there was no power getting anywhere......like it stopped......then choked/sputtered thats when i let off............any ideas?........timing is only advanced a couple degrees and the carb was just rebuilt......any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated as usuall.THANKS

·
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!
235 Posts
umm. wow i dont know, but my car does the same when not warmed up. it trips over itself when its cold and i punch it. like the first start up of the day for like 5mins

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,806 Posts
Plugged fuel filter

You need to first eliminate the possibility of the problem being related to ignition. Then move to the fuel system but only after you ensure a good state of tune and mechanical soundness.

·
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!
235 Posts
have you seen those glass fuel filters? i have one on there but it was there when i bought the car. and its on backwards, the in nearest the carb and the out nearest the fuel pump. could this be restricting fuel at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts