Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to determine what headers will fit my application. 351W in a '67 Fairlane coupe. No power steering and a T-5 tranny with a Z-bar. I'm going to run a set of ProMaxx heads per the attached photo. They have angled plugs. So far I've received some good suggestions on what headers will fit the car. How about fitting the heads? Anyone have experience with headers bolting up to these angled plug heads?

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm still trying to determine what headers will fit my application. 351W in a '67 Fairlane coupe. No power steering and a T-5 tranny with a Z-bar. I'm going to run a set of ProMaxx heads per the attached photo. They have angled plugs. So far I've received some good suggestions on what headers will fit the car. How about fitting the heads? Anyone have experience with headers bolting up to these angled plug heads?
I'm curious in that maybe these heads angle the plugs the same way as the GT40P heads and would use the same header to clear ? :confused: Maybe you should contact them ? https://promaxxperformance.com/contact-us/

·
More for Less Racer
19,344 Posts
All small block Ford heads are "angled plug", SBFords were never "straight plug" if you are thinking from the Small Block Chevy perspective.,,,,it would only be an issue if they changed the plug angle from the stock angle Ford used for 40 years(like they did with the GT-40P heads on the Explorer).

You'd have to contact ProMaxx to find out of they moved the plug around any in the casting.

You'll probably find more guys who have actually used the SBF ProMaxx heads on a Ford specific forum.

·
Registered
519 Posts
All small block Ford heads are "angled plug", SBFords were never "straight plug" if you are thinking from the Small Block Chevy perspective.,,,,it would only be an issue if they changed the plug angle from the stock angle Ford used for 40 years(like they did with the GT-40P heads on the Explorer).

You'd have to contact ProMaxx to find out of they moved the plug around any in the casting.

You'll probably find more guys who have actually used the SBF ProMaxx heads on a Ford specific forum.
https://www.corral.net/ And Fordmuscle.com

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion on Corral Net. I'll give that site a try. As far as Ford Muscle Forums goes, that site is a total waste of time. My last four posts going back to April have a combined 250 views and zero answers. Oh the other hand, the same questions get answered on this site right away. This site is far and away the best hot rod site I've found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts