Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard that 351W heads will bolt on a 302. my question is do you have to make any modifacations to the heads, to get them to work, and how much (estimate) power it would give you, right now im running stock 302 heads and running 8.28 at 83mph 1/8. the motor is out of a 69' cougar if that helps.
Thanks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Also,you may find the chamber size to be larger,lower compression=less power,but they are supposed to flow a bit better,so I guess it depends what you think will suit your needs. I would say get some aftermarket ones also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the guy that built my motor suggested dart victor jr. heads, i already have about 11:1 compression, i still want to be able to run pump gas b/c my car is street/strip, if i go with the dart heads how much will it raise my compression and would i still be able to run pump gas?

·
Registered
570 Posts
You need to know what pistons you have and if he deck milled the block and how far to determine how different heads will turn out,even stock,you also must factor in the thickness of the head gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.