Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 351W Ford that I have installed World Windsor Jr. heads and roller rockers on. I checked and ordered the correct length pushrods (it also has a Comp retrofit hydraulic roller camshaft) and I would like to install the valve covers that are World Man-O-War tall chrome covers. The baffle in the cover hit the Poly-locks!:mad: I have cut out the baffle, thinking I would fab a small plate or use baffled grommets for the breather and PCV valve. The baffled grommets also hit the locks and hit the rocker arms too!:pain:

How much of a plate do I need for a baffle or how have any of you solved this issue?:confused:

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Use double gaskets, a spacer or even taller valve covers - you need the baffles pretty much full size, particularly the PCV or you WILL suck oil into the carb/engine via that PCV. Already 'visited' that situation with a very healthy 351W a good many years ago.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
On my BBC in the T-Bucket, I used a one inch spacer, it was so thick I had some of my rockers hitting on the top side, had to relieve them a little bit for clearance. How much room do you need? Maybe a double gasket will work for you too.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need 1/2" to 3/4" of an inch and I am not sure at this time if I can raise the valve covers that much. The engine is going in a 1965 Mustang and those cowl braces are really close o the valve covers. I am going to set the engine in and see what I have for clearance. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.