Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've been looking for a 350 to buy to replace the 305 in my monte carl&this lady emailed me &said she had a 344 flat top engine.Now I belive a 355 is a 350 bored 30s over...but not sure&I didn't know if by flat top she meant the pistone were flattop?well here's her email what do you guys think?--------------------> i have a flatop 355 motor 4 sale wit 5000 miles on it complete carb2Panu can hear run it has hypertectic pistons an a mild cam an 194 valve heads strong motor(sorry guys can't sleep)&will my intake headers&carb off of my 305 fit this?haha man Id be lost without this site&you guys THANX!!!!!

·
Psychomotors
678 Posts
cutthroatkid said:
Ok so I've been looking for a 350 to buy to replace the 305 in my monte carl&this lady emailed me &said she had a 344 flat top engine.Now I belive a 355 is a 350 bored 30s over...but not sure&I didn't know if by flat top she meant the pistone were flattop?well here's her email what do you guys think?--------------------> i have a flatop 355 motor 4 sale wit 5000 miles on it complete carb2Panu can hear run it has hypertectic pistons an a mild cam an 194 valve heads strong motor(sorry guys can't sleep)&will my intake headers&carb off of my 305 fit this?haha man Id be lost without this site&you guys THANX!!!!!
Yes,350-.030 over,Flattops are the pistons,Everything will bolt up.If the price is right,jump on it :thumbup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
cutthroatkid said:

I'd want to be certain it's what she says it is. I don't trust anyone, anymore; not since I got burned recently. Ask for any paperwork on the engine, from the machine shop, vendors, etc. She says it runs, so at least do a compression check, and pull a valve cover to checks things out; get a casting number also. Get the block casting number, and check the casting numbers on MORTEC.COM. Remember the saying, "buyer beware", there's a lot of honest people out there, and a few crooks; don't get burned like I did. THEN, if the price is right with you, buy it. All your 305 parts will swap/bolt right on. The only thing left, is to tell all your buddies, "it's a 305".

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they seem pretty kool about things.I told them I need a little time,I have the money but don't have a truck to go get it there like 3 hours away I sware I can't seem to find anyone here in st.louis that has anything worth getting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.