Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning..
I hope you all got what you wanted for Christmas.

My question is going to sound odd.. but ... can you exchange the bodies of a 36 and a 37, keeping all other parts the same (front sheet metal, front fenders, running boards), and have it all line up correctly with the front part of the body.... or will the body lines of the hood not line up.

I really like the 37's fender/grill work.. but the 36's windshield layout... I figure it might be an easier route to find a cowl off a 36, use the rest of the sheet metal from the 37 I am buying, and do a woodie body =)

Take Care
-Michael

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,339 Posts
36 and 37 are totally different bodies, the front sheetmetal will not interchange.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*sighs*

Thank you MartinSR..

I knew they changed the body, I couldn't tell how dramatically in the hundreds of pictures I've looked at they changed it in the front... other than the windshield frame being divided..

Thanks again,
Michael

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,339 Posts
That doesn't mean you couldn't make them fit, you can cut and weld and do anything you want.

Personally, I feel the 36 Ford is the most beautiful car Ford ever made. A Roadster with a chopped top...ahhh....drool.. :drool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Like the 37 overall, but I dont like the split windsheild.. was thinking of using the 36 cowl and the rest of the 37 front/fenders.... maybe I can find an upper cowl to graft...

-well.. off to occupy the nephew.. take it easy
-Michael

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You may have already considered this, but have you looked into getting a 35-36 and buying the Fenders form J. B. Donaldson? He offers 35 or 36 Fenders with the 37 lights installed-and I think Alumicraft (?) offers a 37 style Grille that fits the 36-

Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts