Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to convert my 36 ford club cabrio from a high-boy to a full-fendered rod. I am in touch with a 36 Ford 5 window coupe and am wondering if the f & R fenders from the coupe will fit the cabrio perfectly ? Also, wondering if there is a difference between 35 coupe rear fenders and 36 coupe rear fenders ? Thanks-kbc

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
I guess I should be the official body parts official on the 35 and 36, I've got a book...the 35 and 36 fenders, front and rear, are different for the years. front fenders for the 35 are one piece,no seperate panel next to the grille. the 36 is 2 piece, a seperate panel next to the grille that contains the horn grille. fender bracing is also different. rear fenders differ, 35s have a concave shape from the top of the fender to the rear, the 36 has a convex. roadsters, coupe and cabriolet rear fenders will not interchange with any sedan. The 36 5w coupe fenders should fit your car.will 35 fenders bolt up? I don't know. This is straight out of the book. Running boards for both years are the same. The book I have is from The Early Ford V-8 Club of America, lots of good info. Btw, 4,616 club cariolets in 36 were built. Nice looking cars. I've got a 36 5w. Feel free to email me if you need any more info. Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
<strong>I am trying to convert my 36 ford club cabrio from a high-boy to a full-fendered rod. I am in touch with a 36 Ford 5 window coupe and am wondering if the f & R fenders from the coupe will fit the cabrio perfectly ? Also, wondering if there is a difference between 35 coupe rear fenders and 36 coupe rear fenders ? Thanks-kbc</strong><hr></blockquote>

;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
kbc,
Dan is right. I'm restoring a '36 Club Cab.like yours and I've got 2 different rear fenders on the car that don't match. RR looks real good and LR is narrower (might be a sedan) I think '35 rears have a different bolt pattern but I'm not sure.
Dick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi! I'm new here.

A 36 hi-boy? I'd like to see a pic of that! (I also have a 36 5 window)

[ November 07, 2002: Message edited by: Django ]</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts