Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey New to the forum. Have a 36 Ford 5 window coupe. Trying to figure out how to seperate the outer door handle form the inner door handle mechanism. Removed the two outer screws but can't figure out how to disconnect the square shank that goes thru the door from the outer handle to the inner mechanism. Would appreciate any advice. Pics attached

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
No problem.......OK. To upload a pic from your computer, click on this icon in the reply box (red arrow)...

Then, this will open up. Click where it says Drop Image. That will take you to your files. Find your pic and double click on it.

If you want to link a pic from the web, click on that icon the green arrow is pointing to and paste the picture address into there.

Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Here are two pictures of some new '36 reproduction handles I have-as you can see, the square shaft is integral to the handle. It sounds like you have taken out the two screws on the outer Door skin, and they the only thing holding the handle on-the handles in my Car were worn, rusted and twisted onto the latch-I had a challenge getting them out-heat (and a BFH) are your friend here-

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.