Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and had a question, First off a little description, me and my dad are fixing up a 36 chevy pickup low cab that we bought a while back. The people we bought it from had already had the front end replaced with a '69 Camaro subframe, we just built a chevy 350 TBI motor that we plan on using for a powerplant with a th2004R trans. What we have some questions on is the engine mounting. We are still using the manual steering box that was original on the '69 Camaro which will interfere with the side mounts that are currently available for hot rods, but someone has drilled the front crossmember to accept front engine mounts. Now can we use like motor mounts from a 55-57 Chevy car with a V8 on these? I'm pretty sure we can but my dad thinks the motor will sit too low. Or does anyone have any other suggestions or possibly know someone that has done this same kind of swap with the Camaro front subframe? We are on a tight budget so no we can't really go with the MII rack. HELP!!
I'm sure this is just the first of many questions to come.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
If you have a Camaro sub-frame and you want to mount a small block Chevy then why don't you use STOCK motor mounts? Do a search on the web and you'll only find a hundred or so places to buy them. Try Year One for the parts you need. Their mounts go anywhere from $55 to $110 depending on the engine.

Centerline

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.