Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
visors

There are some visors that are model specific. fit certain years, bodies , others were universal, one I have has a 6 in wide stainless center section and the side pieces slide into it, the mounting brackets have slots and a few holes. Build your own? Check out the metal working sites Metalmeet. all metal shapers etc , David gardiner in england has built a lot of things with simple metal tools, also check out the eBook here on HR, the scratch built hotrod. Cboy has lot of good info.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A quick look at Chevs of the 40s does not specify truck or car for 38 Chevy sunvisor, so maybe it's the same. Quite pricey, though. I suspect one could fairly easily adapt something from any number of junkyard sources unless you are determined to stay original. I'm assuming you are referring to interior visor.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
exterior ?

I was thinking of an exterior visor,/ ? you could start with a section of a roof from some other car, hand form and wire the edge, just a lot of time with a ding hammer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.