Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 383 but i do not know all the components. i had this engine built and installed at a speed shop in south florida. after 2 months i picked the truck up barely running.

anyway after getting it relativly fixed by reading a lot on the forum thanx!!! i have a question.......the flexplate has a weight bolted on it..so i thought externally balanced but the harmonic balancer has no weights....the engine does not vibrate but the flexplate looks to be in bad condition. what do you think?? leave it and run the way it is? change the flex plate? which one would i put in a weighted?

350 2 piece rear seal
383 crank
350 rods
H860cp 040
crane http://www.cranecams.com/?show=browseParts&action=partSpec&partNumber=WG1064&lvl=2&prt=5
dart iron 72CC 180 runner
750 holley vacuum
wieland action + intake
ebay distributor
700r4 trans

·
Registered
36 Posts
balancer

Did you look on the backside of the balancer ,if it is a 400 balancer it will have a weight on the inside .If they balanced with the 350 balancer they would have had to add a bunch of weight to the crank .I guess it could be done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please do not screw around with this by taking the best guess approach.
Do either: Call the original builder/balancer and hope he kept notes.
Or
Take the flexplate to your local balancing shop. They can (or should be able to) spin up and measure the old one and then match balance a new one for you.

Have a safe race

Dave Koehler
www.koehlerinjection.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.