Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 72' Nova SS with a 383 Stroker. less than 4000 miles on the engine build. when I drive around town
its tight as a drum but when I get it out on the interstate it will blow oil out of the front right side of the motor at 3500 RPM. PCV valve seems to be moving free but I will replace it just in case.

I don't thing its the front main because the cam housing covers it.
We had an all new disc brake system put on recently and I noticed they "T"d off of the PCV line to the brake booster.
Any ideas why it would puke oil at higher RPM over longer distances?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Is there a short bolt in the front of the engine where the old 55-57 motor mounts bolted? Inline with the fuel pump rod. It will leak there if no bolt. Be careful and not use too long of a bolt. It will stop the fuel pump rod.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a short bolt in the front of the engine where the old 55-57 motor mounts bolted? Inline with the fuel pump rod. It will leak there if no bolt. Be careful and not use too long of a bolt. It will stop the fuel pump rod.
I just went and looked and low and behold there is no bolt in that hole. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

·
47 Plymouth Special Deluxe
173 Posts
We had an all new disc brake system put on recently and I noticed they "T"d off of the PCV line to the brake booster.
This sounds a little sketchy to me. I would think (and I may be wrong) that the brake vacuum line should have its own feed, either off of the intake manifold or at the base of the carburetor. Most performance carbs (that I have seen) have separate fittings for both PCV and brake booster.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Did you put a short bolt in the threaded hole that leads to the fuel pump pushrod ?
Good Job guys.........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha! I don't think I have ever been accused of either of those titles! I have made the same mistake, even while knowing that bolt needs to be there. Newly restored, fully detailed '69 Camaro on the first test run. What a mess!
Ha! Me neither! I got the bolt in and hopefully that'll do it! Thanks Again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.