Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 383 full roller motor with 195 trick flow heads. I m not sure what the compression ratio is. However I want to add a supercharger. My question is which supercharger would work better a Weiand 144 or Weiand 177?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have a 383 full roller motor with 195 trick flow heads. I m not sure what the compression ratio is. However I want to add a supercharger. My question is which supercharger would work better a Weiand 144 or Weiand 177?
Pump gas motor? I'm sure everyone is going to need some more info to make any kind of recommendation, but not knowing the compression ratio of the engine and adding a blower is asking for trouble.

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
The volume of the 177 is a better fit for the 383 if you are looking for more than 4-5 lbs boost.

The 142/144 size blowers make a better match to 350 or smaller engines unless they are the screw compressor type rather that just regular 2 oe 3 lobe rotor Rootes style design.

but just bolting a blower onlo a long block with unknown compression and cam is a real bad way to go....you need to investigate, even if it means some disassembly to identify the actiual parts used in the engine....just tossing a blower on a 10.5:1 engine with unknown and the wrong cam spec and you'll end up with a bunch of broken parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pump gas motor? I'm sure everyone is going to need some more info to make any kind of recommendation, but not knowing the compression ratio of the engine and adding a blower is asking for trouble.
I was able to get in contact with my builder.
So my 383 has 195 TF heads 11.1 compression full roller engine with a 230-234/576 cam
Timing is 33 @2500

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.