Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this engine is going into a 86 silverado 4x4, i dont know much about it but trying to learn, i was thinking of getting a block bore it 40 over and buy a 383 stroker kit for it, then a lunati bracket master cam and edelbrock performer rpm heads? what do yall think

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,319 Posts
chevydude11 said:
what kind of head an cam should i use an to give it that lope sound
lope = higher RPM. The solution (if you really want to be happy with the performance) is to get a lighter vehicle. Lopey, high-rpm engines don't do well in heavy vehicles.

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,319 Posts
I personally would keep it silky smooth. You can use a cam that has some lope to it, but in my opinion, once you've gotten lope in a 5000-lb pickup, you've gone about two steps past something you'll enjoy driving on the street.

If you want a tiny bit of lope, go with a 214/224 cam or similar on a 110 LSA. You'll need about a 3200-stall converter and 4.10 gears to make that heavy truck get moving. Put it all under Vortec heads and you should expect about 375-400 hp with good headers, an RPM-type intake, and a Qjet or 750cfm carb. Make sure you build the bottom end to be capable of spinning to about 6000 rpm so you can get to that powerband.

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
Order a 264Mega cam from Isky and have it ground on a 105 LSA. It'll give you a little bit of a lope and really good midrange tq. The next step up would be a 268Mega but you'll loose a hair of stump pulling power.

Either of these cams will like smaller heads though. Box stock Vortecs with a little bowl clean up would fit them very nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.