Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Music and Hot Rods
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Results....FINALLY! After a couple of years of tuning and tweaking I had a chance to put my 388 SBC on a chassis dyno. Here are the numbers.

H.P. = 380
T.Q. = 396

All in by 5800 RPM. This is in a 96 C1500 shorty box with TH350 trans. I'm pleasantly surprised and happy with these numbers.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
It's always been board policy to move threads without technical questions and those with no technical content or value, from the tech forums to a general discussion forum, not necessarily Off Topic.

By the same token, hp and desk top dyno requests are routinely moved to Basics.

From the board guidelines:

*Engine -- this forum covers all engine questions, from intake to exhaust, and everything in between.

*Hotrodders' Lounge -- this forum is for non-technical automotive discussion. Anything that has to do with automobiles, but isn't a technical discussion, can be placed in the Hotrodders Lounge.

I'm moving your thread from Off Topic to the Lounge.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Greg T said:
Results....FINALLY! After a couple of years of tuning and tweaking I had a chance to put my 388 SBC on a chassis dyno. Here are the numbers.

H.P. = 380
T.Q. = 396

All in by 5800 RPM. This is in a 96 C1500 shorty box with TH350 trans. I'm pleasantly surprised and happy with these numbers.
Sounds good for that low of a peak. What are the specifics on the engine (cam, induction, exhaust, heads, compression, etc.)?

·
Music and Hot Rods
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cobalt327 said:
Sounds good for that low of a peak. What are the specifics on the engine (cam, induction, exhaust, heads, compression, etc.)?
.060 over 1979 350 block with 3.75" stroke, 10.6:1 compression, Edelbrock Etec 200 heads, Ede 2201 roller cam, roller rockers, Air Gap intake and a QFT 680 cfm carb. MSD e-curve distributor and 6AL box. Electric fuel pump, electric water pump and cooling fan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.